Thursday, May 4, 2017

My heart is sensitive and that's okay!

My heart is sensitive and that's okay!

Words can cut deeper than anything else. Words have the power to hurt me for days. Unkind words directed at me will shock me, they'll unbalance me, they'll break me. My heart is fragile. Every single energy runs through to my heart. Even when I feel nothing, I feel it completely.

People use to say I was too sensitive as an insult, but I'm so proud of this part of me. I'm so greatful of this way of connecting with people
It's too much for some people, but those people are not my people.
We live in a society that's so emotionally disabled and dysfunctional, a society that lacks responsibility and accountability. Where being " too sensitive" is believed to be damaged. Unstable.
There is no shame in the way anyone feels things, and theres definitely no shame in feeling things deeply.

That doesn't mean I'm not a strong person. I am brave enough to feel deeply. I'm brave enough to wear emotions.


Being sensitive means that I will feel you when you're sad, I will cry with you when heart breaks, I will do everything possible to make you feel loved, secure and appreciated, I will put you above me, I will empathize, sympathize and care and soak up moods like a sponge. I will love you extremely when you love me, I will be extremely proud of you and extremely grateful for you.
I will love deep and love hard.
I will love and live life to the absolute fullest.
I will dream wider.
I will experience things deeper.
I will be extremely observant.
I will be creative.

I will be me. And I will not be ashamed of being soft in a hard world.



-Harley xx

No comments: